The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Laugh or Cry: DOJ Hiring People to Help Translate from... Ebonics

Apparently when people are speaking "Ebonics" they just can’t understand.

Yes, really.  (I feel like I am saying that a lot recently.)

I especially love The Smoking Gun’s explanation of this, quoting an idiot professor:

“Ebonics pronunciation includes features like the omission of the final consonant in words like ‘past’ (pas’ ) and ‘hand’ (han’), the pronunciation of the th in ‘bath’ as t (bat) or f (baf), and the pronunciation of the vowel in words like ‘my’ and ‘ride’ as a long ah (mah, rahd).”

If you are in law enforcement and you hear a man say “check out mah rad” and you don’t know what he is saying, that is just pathetic.

It all reminds me of when the whole thing first caught national attention when Oakland, if memory serves, tried to claim it was a language.  I remember reading in the Dallas Morning News where they explained that gee, unlike white people, black people will leave out the g in ing sounds, use double negatives and the word “ain’t.”  Let me emphasize this.  They had the nerve to write this in the Dallas Morning News!  That is Dallas, Texas, not Dallas, Michigan.

I remember saying to an office friend, emphasizing in my southern drawl: “Yeah, I ain’t never heard of no white people doin’ that.”  Sigh.

Look, I am not automatically against hiring experts to teach a little slang to the troops.  It’s just the abject P.C. stupidity surrounding what could have been a minor procurement that rankles me.  I mean Ebonics is bullshit.  And its almost like I am allergic to bullshit, or something...