The Brett Kimberlin Saga:

Follow this link to my BLOCKBUSTER STORY of how Brett Kimberlin, a convicted terrorist and perjurer, attempted to frame me for a crime, and then got me arrested for blogging when I exposed that misconduct to the world. That sounds like an incredible claim, but I provide primary documents and video evidence proving that he did this. And if you are moved by this story to provide a little help to myself and other victims of Mr. Kimberlin’s intimidation, such as Robert Stacy McCain, you can donate at the PayPal buttons on the right. And I thank everyone who has done so, and will do so.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Bill Schmalfelt Threatens McCain and his Guilty Conscience Speaks Out

Update: Late tonight (6/18/13), I learned that serial copyright violator Bill Schmalfeldt intended to claim copyright on a Scribd document I have linked to in this post and another document I used in another post.  Of course he knows the claim is bogus.  I have uploaded .pdf copies of the posts in order to facilitate my telling of the news of what he said to my readers and to criticize what he wrote, without forcing them to risk viruses and other malware, given his association with the criminal hacker Neal Rauhauser.  This is all covered under fair use.  Further, we also know that Bill will not actually sue to take them down as the statute requires.  He might threaten, but all of his threats are empty.  He once said “I don’t make threats, I make promises.”  Maybe so, but those promises have been repeatedly broken.  He just wants to get a few days of taking them down for annoyance sake.

So I have segregated those documents to a separate Scribd account, in case he tries to gulag that account.  So if you want to see what he desperately doesn’t want you to see, go to this account.  I have also appropriately updated the link in the post.

This is a busy week in my personal life, but soon we will discuss further how Bill Schmalfeldt repeatedly violates the copyrights of others.  Apparently it is “copyright for me but not for thee” when it comes to him.  And indeed he interprets his own copyrights in such a manner that would infringe on freedom of the press—a right he pretends to care about.

We now resume the original post as is.

---------------------------------------

This is the latest post in what I half-jokingly call The Kimberlin Saga®.  If you are new to the story, that’s okay! Not everyone reads my blog.  The short version is that Kimberlin has been harassing me for over a year, his worst conduct being when he attempted to frame me for a crime.  I recognize that this might sound like an incredible claim, but I provide video and documentary evidence of that fact; in other words, you don’t have to believe my word.  You only have to believe your eyes.  So, if you are new to the story, go to this page and you’ll be able to catch up on what has been happening.

This is really just an update of the ragefest that has spewed from Schmalfeldt since his defeat this past Friday.  As you saw in the last installment, he threatened both myself and Hoge with retaliatory peace orders, and then when I pointed out how badly this would go for him—and how his legal threat to Hoge was ironically a violation of that peace order, which might net him over five years in prison and over $13,000 in fines—he bravely ran away.



Indeed, he originally decided to go silent:




I will explain the reason he is giving for doing this in a moment, but that silence lasted for about three hours.  Then McCain wrote a new article about him and the rage came back.



In answer to his question: yes, it is okay, because he is writing about Schmalfeldt and not writing to Schmalfeldt.  Indeed Schmalfeldt declared that McCain's article was harassment...


...which regular readers know is depressingly typical.  They harass us and then when called on it, they claim that pointing out their egregious conduct is itself harassment.  Accuse the accusers falsely of doing what you are actually doing.  It's straight from the Kimberlin playbook.

So he went on raging about McCain.  And as is often the case, at one point Schmalfeldt crossed a line:


That photo on the right is an old photoshop made of McCain, pasting his head crudely on another person’s body, as part of their effort to paint him as an alcoholic.  That’s how it is with these guys.  If you are their opponent and you are ever seen with a beer in your hand, you are an alcoholic.  I have known McCain for well over a year now and I have seen not the slightest bit of evidence that McCain has any trouble with alcohol addiction.  Indeed, he didn’t seem to be a particularly heavy drinker.

But the more significant part of that comment is him musing about how difficult it would be for someone to break his neck.  That, my friends, is a threat.  Of course Schmalfeldt will say legally it doesn’t count (he was just asking rhetorically!), but he has been proven wrong about this sort of thing before.  This is typical for him.  He imagines how easy it would be to anally rape Lee Stranahan, or sending rapists to his wife and giving out his home address, and then when called on it claims it wasn’t technically a threat.  This is why I occasionally call him a thug, because he revels in threats—threats of lawsuits and threats of violence.

Meanwhile for sheer delicious schadenfreude, it is hard to beat his latest post at his site.  No, I won’t link to it (there is always a danger of viruses and the like from Rauhauser's associates), but you can read a scribd copy of the post, here.

He starts by ripping the rug out from under any threats in the future of seeking a peace order against us:

Remember. I am free to WRITE about William John Joseph Hoge. That is my first amendment right. I am not free to contact William John Joseph Hoge.

Amazing!  For once he gets it.  You can speak freely to a general audience.  You just can’t contact that other person under Maryland law if that person asks you to stop.  And then he goes on talking about how horribly oppressed he is:

That being said, I might be excused for feeling like a pork chop set in front of William John Joseph Hoge’s enormous son. I am being eyeballed and salivated over.

See,  I’m sorta left with the feeling that William John Joseph Hoge will not wait for me to actually violate the peace order he had taken out against me[.]

Yes, dear reader, he goes on to claim that I and/or John Hoge are plotting to manufacture a violation of the peace order.  He is even running this banner at the top of his site (enlarge in a new window for the fullest effect):


In short he is accusing us of planning to do... exactly what Brett Kimberlin in fact did do, twice, first to Seth Allen and then to myself.  Here’s how Patterico previously described the arrest of myself and Mr. Allen:

Kimberlin has used this tactic before. Last year, in a lawsuit against Seth Allen, he had Seth Allen arrested for harassment when Allen showed up to a mandatory hearing in the civil suit.

Now, in that case, the criminal complaint was arguably quite justified, as Allen had mused about killing Kimberlin in an email which was duly and promptly reported to police. If someone made a statement like that about me, I’d go to the authorities too.

But in the process, Kimberlin learned a technique that he later used against Walker: namely, having your critics arrested in civil court.

Namely, this serial litigant forces his critics into his jurisdiction with a frivolous civil action. If Kimberlin’s critics complain that the action is frivolous, he calls that criticism “harassment,” and through a process of seeking frivolous peace orders and/or filing frivolous criminal complaints, obtains an arrest warrant for the critic. When the critic shows up to court as required, he or she is arrested on the trumped-up charges.

Success! The story becomes about the critic’s arrest. The critics look worse because authorities seem to take Kimberlin’s side; and he gets the satisfaction of putting his critics behind bars, even if for a short time.

Alternatively, Kimberlin and his supporters can use the threat of arrest to try to frighten civil litigants into staying out of court. After Allen’s arrest last year, he was very afraid to go back to court, because Kimberlin continually alleged that Allen’s blogging violated a peace order. Kimberlin supporters flooded Twitter with messages declaring Allen was going to be arrested at the next hearing for blogging. Allen almost decided never to go back to court.

It’s a Catch 22 for people who want to blog about public figures. You either go to court and risk arrest on a bogus criminal charge, or stay away and risk default on a bogus civil claim.

The combination of frivolous civil and criminal actions is a creative abuse of process and it’s bound to be repeated — until judges start noticing that Kimberlin repeatedly makes false statements in the course of filing flurries of court actions against his critics.

In my case, Kimberlin had to literally lie in order to get an arrest warrant against me.  He falsely claimed I had written an actual threat to him, a claim that at trial he couldn’t offer the slightest degree of evidence to substantiate that very day.  But it didn’t stop Montgommery authorities from arresting me and thus becoming the cat’s paw to Kimberlin’s attempt to suppress my freedom of speech.  So he fears that we will do on to him what Kimberlin did to me (and to a lesser extent, Seth Allen).

Which raises an interesting point.  As McCain documented here, Bill Schmalfeldt began writing to me on June 3, 2012.  On May 29, 2012, I had been ordered (unconstitutionally) to refrain from speaking about Brett Kimberlin for six months.  I remember the conversation.  At this point in time, I had no idea who he was and so I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was really asking me questions because he really wanted to know.  Later it became clear that Schmalfeldt was not an honest broker as I showed here, but at that point in time, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt and attempting to answer him without actually violating Judge Vaughey’s unconstitutional peace order saying it was unlawful to talk about Brett Kimberlin to third parties.

Now, knowing that I could have been arrested again and possibly imprisoned for talking about Brett Kimberlin to others, and knowing what you know now about Schmalfeldt, look at the questions he asked:

@AaronWorthing I know next to nothing about this case. What did Kimberlin say you allegedly said/tweeted/google that proved threating?

@AaronWorthing Forgive me for asking, but I have some strong views about the First Amendment and I’m researching this story for my blog.

@AaronWorthing Well, certainl-y a new Twitter chum can recommend to another new Twitter chum a website he might find interesting, say wot?

Looking back, doesn’t it seem obvious that he wrote those tweets to me hoping to get me to talk about Brett Kimberlin and thus violate the (unconstitutional) peace order?  We know for a fact he wasn’t actually interested in my side of the story, because he not only didn’t read the blog post that outlined how Kimberlin had tried to frame me for a crime, he actually lied about having done so.

So given that he has proven that he was not actually interested in my side of the story, what other reason would he have had for sending those tweets to me?

No, I think it was obvious he was trying to set a trap to cause me to violate the Peace Order.  Which means he has been Kimberlin’s co-conspirator since that date, at the latest.

So if he is afraid we are setting him up for an unjust arrest (it was the official reason he gave for shut up entirely), it seems to be his own guilty conscience talking.  And it speaks loud indeed, toward the end of the post:

These fair minded, First Amendment loving, freedom cherishing Republicans, God love them!  Who needs a REASON to put someone in jail when you can JUST MAKE SHIT UP!

THEY have deemed that an “@mention” is a direct contact.

To break in for a moment, actually a court in Caroll County determined this, at Mr. Hoge’s urging.  We now resume his rant:

Therefore, it IS a direct contact. THEY have determined that Twitter Itself does not know what it is talking about when it says the best way to silence harassing contact (should such contact, in fact, be harassing and not just dishing back what was dished) is to block, or “block and report.”

To interrupt his rant again, Twitter can suggest whatever it wants, but it is dishonest when a guy with so many twitter handles claims that we can just block him.  We would be playing an endless game of whack-a-troll with each new identity.

Back to the rant:

Twitter suggests going to the cops if violence is threatened, but we’ve covered that with the make-believe “Ides of March” threat and the I Used A Brazillian Guy’s Computer gambit.

Anybody who believes that HeWhoMustNotBeNamed will NOT be egged on by Aaron Worthless and whoever’s paying HIS electric bills these days into INVENTING a reason to have me arrested is dreaming.

Anyway, he declares at the end that

My only hope is to get some legal help from someone who is actually emotionally invested in freedom of speech. No offense, Tae. But you seemed to think you were just gonna walk in and win this one, while The Bearded Bloviator’s lawyer mopped the floor with you.

That’s funny because I seem to remember his attorney, Tae Kim, saying to him that if he kept this behavior uphe was going to go to jail, which suggests that he did not believe that Schmalfeldt would beat these charges.  Mr. Kim did a great job, considering his client was guilty as sin.  Any competent lawyer can save an innocent man, but it takes considerable skill to save a guilty one which he had done up until now.

And it is that guilt that is gnawing at Schmalfeldt tonight, making him deathly afraid that we will do to him what Kimberlin did to me, or what Schmalfeldt himself tried to do.

Well, he can rest assured.  I know Mr. Hoge to be a man of integrity.  He will not charge Schmalfeldt with a crime unless he honestly believes he committed it.  And I would never suggest he do otherwise.

Meanwhile, I checked up on the harassment laws in the state in which I suspect Mr. McCain lives.  It’s not Maryland, contrary to Schmalfeldt’s suggestion.  Under that state’s laws, harassment can include mere contact after one has asked that person to stop or it can be... a threat, whether you have asked the sender to stop or not.  So will McCain file criminal harassment charges against Schmalfeldt after that threat?  Only time will tell.

Update: I made a series of corrections from the original, to make the writing better and clearer.

---------------------------------------

My wife and I have lost our jobs due to the harassment of convicted terrorist Brett Kimberlin, including an attempt to get us killed and to frame me for a crime carrying a sentence of up to ten years.  I know that claim sounds fantastic, but if you read starting here, you will see absolute proof of these claims using documentary and video evidence.  If you would like to help in the fight to hold Mr. Kimberlin accountable, please hit the Blogger’s Defense Team button on the right.  And thank you.

Follow me at Twitter @aaronworthing, mostly for snark and site updates.  And you can purchase my book (or borrow it for free if you have Amazon Prime), Archangel: A Novel of Alternate, Recent History here.  And you can read a little more about my novel, here.

---------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

I have accused some people, particularly Brett Kimberlin, of reprehensible conduct.  In some cases, the conduct is even criminal.  In all cases, the only justice I want is through the appropriate legal process—such as the criminal justice system.  I do not want to see vigilante violence against any person or any threat of such violence.  This kind of conduct is not only morally wrong, but it is counter-productive.

In the particular case of Brett Kimberlin, I do not want you to even contact him.  Do not call him.  Do not write him a letter.  Do not write him an email.  Do not text-message him.  Do not engage in any kind of directed communication.  I say this in part because under Maryland law, that can quickly become harassment and I don’t want that to happen to him.

And for that matter, don’t go on his property.  Don’t sneak around and try to photograph him.  Frankly try not to even be within his field of vision.  Your behavior could quickly cross the line into harassment in that way too (not to mention trespass and other concerns).

And do not contact his organizations, either.  And most of all, leave his family alone.

The only exception to all that is that if you are reporting on this, there is of course nothing wrong with contacting him for things like his official response to any stories you might report.  And even then if he tells you to stop contacting him, obey that request.  That this is a key element in making out a harassment claim under Maryland law—that a person asks you to stop and you refuse.


And let me say something else.  In my heart of hearts, I don’t believe that any person supporting me has done any of the above.  But if any of you have, stop it, and if you haven’t don’t start.

2 comments:

  1. The guy keeps claiming victim status and alleges that you and others have painted him as some kind of monster. Honestly, all one has to do is read his tweets, listen to his show, and read his blog, and he does that all on his own through his constant fixation with violent imagery, poop, and anal sex. It is just creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and then when I pointed out how badly this would go for him—and how his legal threat to Hoge was ironically a violation of that peace order, which might net him over five years in prison and over $13,000 in fines—he bravely ran away."

    Truth be told, it was more of a waddle... right?

    C. Haiku

    ReplyDelete